January 26, 2022
Valentines Day Dark Chocolate Salted Raspberry Tart Recipe and Twin Cities Chocolatiers
Today was a very sweet day on @JasonShowTV with Jason Matheson. I was able to share my favorite Twin Cities Chocolatiers and the recipe for my Dark Chocolate Salted Rasberry Tart with Sea Salt.
The dark chocolate raspberry tart crust is made with butter and dark chocolate-filled chocolate Oreos. It’s an easy crust in that you press and bake in the pan – no pastry necessary.
Homemade artisan chocolates are welcome any day of the year, but Valentine’s Day chocolates are extra special, and the Twin Cities has some of the best chocolatiers. Here are some of my favorite chocolate makers in Minnesota to visit. Stock up on local chocolates for all your Valentines, Palentines, or Galentines this year
32 dark chocolate filled Oreos
8 tbsp unsalted butter melted
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1 cup heavy cream
2 6 oz packages Scharffen Berger dark chocolate baking chips
4 tbsp unsalted butter melted
1/3 cup raspberry jam
flaky sea salt
Box of fresh raspberries for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a 9-inch tart pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Blend the Oreos, melted butter and kosher salt in a food processor until
it becomes the consistency of coarse sand.
- Press the Oreo crumbs into the bottom and up the sides of the
tart pan. I use a flat-bottomed glass to press down and push the crumbs up the sides of the tart pan and reinforced with my fingers.
- Bake crust for 10 minutes, then set aside to cool.
- Bring the heavy cream to a simmer over medium-low heat.
- While the cream is coming to temp, add the dark chocolate and
melted butter to a medium bowl.
- Let the dark chocolate and melted butter sit undisturbed for 5 minutes, then stir the ganache until smooth.
- Stir in the raspberry jam
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the cooled tart and spread with
the back of a spoon or a spatula to even the texture.
- Let the tart set up overnight or in the fridge overnight.
- Top with sea salt and raspberries before serving.
- Chocolat Celeste – 652 Transfer Road, St. Paul, 651-644-3823
- Sweet Stuff Minnesota is a company I discovered on Instagram, and then I met them at a pop-up market
- Rose Street Patisserie– 171 Snelling Ave N, St Paul, MN 55104
- Patisserie 46 – 4552 Grand Ave S, Minneapolis, MN 55419
- St Croix Chocolate Co – 261 Parker Street in Marine on St. Croix
- Max’s Jewelry – 3826 Grand Way, St Louis Park, MN 55416