I love having Turkey during the holidays, so I can make Turkey Wild Rice Soup with the leftovers in my Instant Pot.
I have adapted my Chicken Wild Rice Soup Recipe, and it works great to add the turkey and some cream at the end.
- 1 lb or 4 Chicken Thighs, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp butter
- 6 medium carrots, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 quart (4 cups) chicken broth
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tbsp corn starch (optional, for a thicker soup)
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Melt the butter in the Instant Pot's metal inner pot using the SAUTE function.
- Add chicken. cook 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, until browned. Select CANCEL. Using tongs, transfer chicken to a medium bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the Instant Pot.
- Place chicken in an even layer over the remaining ingredients.
- Secure the Instant Pot lid; set the pressure valve to SEALING. Select MANUAL. Cook on high pressure 45 minutes. Then quick release the pressure.
- Using a slotted spoon or tongs, carefully transfer the chicken to a cutting board. Let it stand about 5 minutes or until cool enough to handle, then chop.
- Stir chopped chicken and cream into the pot to thicken mixture. If you want a really thick soup, stir 2 tablespoons cornstarch into the cream before adding it to the pot.