Its the big game, and we need to talk chicken wings. Personally, I think the only reason to own an air fryer is to cook stinky fish like Salmon or reheat pizza or bake chicken wings all of which I do in my air fryer in my garage. Today on Jasons show I made Buffalo Wings in the Airfryer and Baked a batch in the oven. See which Jasoson judges the best and crispiest. My airfryer hot honey wings are perfect for game day.
As for the sides, I generally hate ranch dressing out of the bottle its way to sweet. If thats all you have try cutting it with some lemon or pickle juice amnd adding a bit more mayo and plain greek yogurt and giving it a shake. I also have a ranch dipping sauce recipe below and if you prefer a Dilly Garlic Sauce for veggies or wings thats a bit thicker than a salad dressing then try this but if a standard consistemcy works for you go with this dilly dressing – This ones for you.
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper (see note)
- 1 tsp Here's The Deal Spice Co. Wing Blend (see note)
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 9-15 chicken wings (I used one package of wingettes)
- ½ c melted butter
- ½ c hot pepper sauce (see note for suggestions)
- 2 tbsp ranch dressing (I like Salad Girl Dude Ranch)
- 3 tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp mayonaise
- 1 tbsp buttermilk
- 3 tbsp chopped herbs (I used parsley and cilantro but dill and basil could also be used)
- Pinch kosher salt
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil sprayed with cooking spray or line a pan with a Silpat Silicone baking mat.
- Place the flour, spices, and salt into a resealable plastic bag, and shake to mix.
- Add the chicken wings to the bag and toss until well coated with the flour mixture.
- Place the wings onto the prepared baking sheet, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Whisk to combine the melted butter and hot sauce in a small saucepan.
- Dip the wings into the butter mixture, and place back on the baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Take wings out of the oven and dip again in the remaining sauce and cook 15 more minutes.
- Take wings out and flip them over and broil on high for 1-2 minutes until brown and crispy.
- Combine ingredients and adjust seasonings to your liking.
- *I like Heather's Dirty Goodness Censored - it's really hot
- Here is a link to the spice blend
- Hot sauce such as Frank's RedHot works. I used Cholula and Tapatio.
- For an Asian version of these wings use a different sauce profile. Try K-Mama Sauce from a local Minnesota Company instead of hot sauce with the same amount of butter. Cook as usual.