What other meal besides Thanksgiving do you regularly find 10-12 people at your holiday table or clustered around your kitchen island with drinks in hand? Making batch cocktails for a group in a pitcher or having a bowl of festive punch prepared ahead of time gives you that signature cocktail or mocktail to start the party right.
This Pomegranate Pear Thanksgiving punch looks festive in a punch bowl or pitcher but use something see-through so folks can see the floating fruit and cinnamon sticks.
How about a Apple Rosemary Sangria? Also super festive at Holiday time.
- 1 16 ounce bottle of pomegranate juice
- 1 20-ounce bottle of ginger ale
- 2 1/2 cups apple juice
- 2 apples sliced
- 2 pears sliced
- 2 oranges sliced
- a handful of cinnamon sticks
- Star Anise, for serving
- pomegranate arils/seeds for serving
- 1.5 oz bourbon
- .5 oz cup orange liqueur my favorite is Grand Marnier or Cointreau
- 2 oz Mocktail ingredients above
- Mix all ingredients together in a large pitcher or punch bowl to serve.
- Taste and adjust the beverage to your liking.
- Making a cocktail? Is it too boozy? Add more apple cider. Not boozy enough? Add more bourbon! Make it your own, depending on the flavors you love
- You can make this a few hours ahead in the refrigerator