Pimm’s Cup is a British drink. Pimm’s itself is a brand of gin-based fruit cup, but may also be considered a liqueur. The classic Pimm’s cup is served in the summer with fruit garnish like cucumber, orange and lime, but I like this Pimm’s winter punch version that features apples, orange and warm pear spices. This is a fun drink to serve at a party.
If you’ve never had Pimm’s before, I highly recommend you give this drink a try, and if you have had, I can guarantee this will be a fun winter twist on the light and tasty drink.
- 3 c Pimm's No. 1
- 1/4 c brandy
- 2 limes–1 juiced (about 2 tbsp.), 1 thinly sliced
- 1 apple, such as Fuji, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 Red Anjou pear, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 cans or bottles (12 oz. each) ginger beer, chilled
- 1 bottle (33.8 oz.) seltzer, chilled
- In a large punch bowl or pitcher, stir the Pimm's, brandy, and lime juice. Add the sliced lime, apple, and pear. Refrigerate the punch base until cold, at least 2 hours.
- Add the cold ginger beer and seltzer.
Check out all my cocktail recipes here.