I had an opportunity to talk to Jessie Sheehan this week for my Dishing with Stephanies Dish Podacast (you can subscribe to get episodes here). I am smitten by her. Jessie is charming, funny and her book is incredible. @JessieSheehanbakes is her handle on Instagram and she is a is a recipe developer, Tik Tok Star and Cookbook author of: Snackable Bakes: 100 Easy-Peasy Recipes for Exceptionally Scrumptious Sweets and Treats. Plus she shared a great no churn ice cream recipe.
I made this recipe, but I also made no -churn ice cream with no cream cheese or jam and other variations with a ton of success here:
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a food processor or with an electric mixer, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, heavy whipping cream, and vanilla on a medium-high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold in the fruit, jam, chocolate, cookies or whatever variation you are using until just combined.
- Pour the mixture into a loaf pan or other freezer-safe container, and freeze at least 4 hours for soft-serve style or 6 hours and up to overnight.
There are a million variatiojns to this recipe like:
Adding 1/2 cup chopped peaches, blueberries, raspberries, or strawberries
Swirling 1/3 cup jam or peanut butter or fudge throughout the ice cream batter
Adding 2-4 oz cream cheese to the batter for a more decadent feel
Mix-ins like cookies, chocolate chips, nuts, toffee pieces
Adding two tablespoons of flavoring to the mixing bowl like coffee, cream de Menthe, or grenadine
The following no-churn ice cream recipe from Jessie was published in Fine Cooking Magazine. She has a few other versions of no-churn ice cream like the “Any Jam” recipe for those of us whose refrigerator is overflowing with Jam.
- 4 oz. full-fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 Tbs. finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. fine sea salt
- 2 cups cold heavy cream
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Tbs. rum, bourbon, or vodka (optional)
- 1/2 cup best-quality raspberry jam
Put a 9×5-inch loaf pan in the freezer.
In a food processor, process the cream cheese, lemon zest, vanilla, and salt until smooth, scraping the bowl as needed. Add the heavy cream and lemon juice and pulse, then process until stiff peaks form, about 30 seconds.
Add the sweetened condensed milk and, if using, the alcohol, and process just to combine.
Transfer ice cream to the prepared pan and smooth the top. Dollop about 1/4 cup of the jam over the ice cream. Use a fork to swirl it throughout, ensuring the swirls reach the bottom of the pan. Dollop the remaining 1/4 cup jam over the top, and swirl it decoratively across the surface.
Lay plastic wrap directly on the surface of the ice cream, and freeze for at least 6 hours, preferably overnight.
The ice cream will keep in the freezer for a week, tightly covered in plastic wrap.