I had the opportunity to partner up with my friends at You Betcha Box to create some local recipes, including with some of my favorite Minnesota Makers. Here is the Asparagus Salad Recipe with Lucky’s Mustard, Isadore Nuts, Clover Valley Farms Vinegar and Ames Farm Honey and Hell Raising Hot Sauce.
- 2 lb asparagus
- 5 oz or 1 bag spring greens
- 1 c parmesan cheese
- ½ c Isadore Turmeric Tango Nuts
- 4 tbsp Ames Farm Savory Marsh Flower Honey
- 8 tbsp Clover Valley Farms Rhubarb Vinegar infused with Basil
- 2 tbsp Lucky’s Honey Mustard
- 3 dashes Green Hell Raising Hot Sauce
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 2/3 c fruity olive oil
- Pour honey, vinegar, mustard, hot sauce and salt and pepper into a small blender and blend to combine.
- Add in the olive oil and blend until emulsified.
- Pour into a glass jar (shake it up to recombine ingredients if needed before drizzling on salad).
- Snap off the tough woody ends.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat a thin layer of olive oil. Add asparagus and cook until el dente, approximately 5 minutes depending on how thick the stalks are.
- Place asparagus in a shallow dish and cover with half the vinaigrette. Marinate in the refrigerator one hour.
- Arrange greens on 4 salad plates.
- Stack bundles of marinated asparagus on each plate and sprinkle with ¼ cup cheese and 2 Tablespoons rough chopped nuts.
- Just before serving drizzle the remaining dressing over the greens.
Check out all my vegetable recipes here.