If you’ve followed my recipes for awhile, you know that I love the Instant Pot. I make a lot of dinners using my favorite pressure cooker because it makes things simple, and everything turns out delicious. This Instant Pot ranchero beans recipe is no exception. This is a versatile recipe that can be used as a side with grilled meats, as the base in tacos, or almost anything else you can imagine.
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 c onion
- 1 c green pepper finely diced (red is ok too)
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 lb (16 oz) Pinto beans, picked over, rinsed and soaked overnight
- 1 can (10 oz) Rotel tomatoes (original with green chilis)
- 12 oz Mexican beer
- 2 c chicken or vegetable stock
- 1-2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Turn on the Instant Pot to saute mode. When hot add bacon and saute for one minute.
- Add onions and green pepper and saute for three minutes with bacon.
- Add garlic, and saute for 30 seconds.
- Pour in drained beans, tomatoes, beer, stock, salt, cumin, and pepper and mix well. Place Lid on Instant Pot. Make sure the steam release handle is on sealing. Cook for 25 minutes on manual and natural release for 10 minutes.
- Open the Instant Pot and mix. Taste and add additional salt if necessary. Soup will thicken as it cools.
- Serve with chopped cilantro and rice.
- Serve alongside a grilled steak or chicken.
- Puree some as a base for Mexican pizza.
- Add chopped grilled sausages or kielbasa wedges that have been grilled cut side down.
- Use as a base for burritos or tacos.
Check out all my Instant Pot recipes here.