I am obsessed with chicken wings. It is truly one of the things I have missed most during the pandemic. It is tough to get perfectly crispy wings at home. I love cooking in the Instant Pot and read a recipe that had you start the wings in the Instant Pot and finish them in the oven to get that crackling crispy skin. I tried them, and they worked beautifully. It’s many pans to clean up, but I think these crispy, perfect Asian chicken wings are worth it!
- 2 lbs of frozen chicken wings (about 15-20 wings)
- 1/2 c water
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/2 c ketchup
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp gochujang or chili garlic sauce
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- Sesame seeds to sprinkle as garnish
- Cook chicken wings on the trivet in your Instant Pot with 1/2 cup water for 5 Minutes on High Manual pressure. Release pressure.
- Place wings on a foil baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray or on a Silpat Mat.
- Melt butter and ingredients together in a saucepan to make the sauce.
- Dip the wings in the sauce to fully cover and place on the tray.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Flip the wings.
- Broil on high for two minutes but watch them carefully so they don't burn.
Check out all my appetizer recipes here.