October 10, 2022
Instant Pot Apple Sauce in 5 minutes
CROCKTOBER continues with the magic of apple sauce, made in the Instant Pot in 5 minutes. You can decide if you want your applesauce chunky or smooth, and you can have a sweet sauce with way less sugar than the package’s variety. Store in a Mason jar in the refrigerator.
What can you do with Applesauce? So many things like:
- Use it as a cheese board spread
- Oatmeal is just better with applesauce topping
- Garnish a caramel and vanilla ice cream sundae. It’s like an apple pie without the crust.
- Stir it into quick bread or muffin batter
- Top a pork chop
Instant Pot Apple Sauce
Yield: 6 Servings
Chucky yet delicious homemade applesauce is easy
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- pinch of cloves
- pinch of mace
- 1 tsp of kosher salt
- 8-10 medium size apples peeled, cored and chopped
- 2 Tbsp of maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp of honey
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Add the spices to the Instant Pot with the water and mix well
- Add in the apples and pour the syrup, honey, and lemon juice on top
- Secure the lid and hit Manua High Pressure for 5 minutes. When done, natural release for 5 minutes and open the pot
- Give it a good stir together, and you’re done!
- You can mash a potato masher to get the consistency you want.
- If you want it more puréed blend it right in the pot with an immersion blender to the desired consistency.
- Store in a Mason Jar in the refrigerator