Start the year off right with a cheesy dip. This dish has numerous variations but one thing is for sure—you can find it on many Midwest tables during the holidays. I love this recipe because it’s tangy and a bit lighter by subbing The Humble Goat Cheese for all the mayonnaise you find in a traditional artichoke dip recipe. Serve this with crackers or chunks of crusty bread. Or you could spread on individual crostini and top with cheese and broil.
I like to use the leftovers on pasta or in a baked potato, or you can spread it on Sourdough bread and add some turkey or ham and pop it under the broiler for a goat cheese melt. However you finish it up, enjoy and indulge before the New Year’s healthy eating starts!
- Two 14 oz cans artichoke hearts, drained and chopped in quarters
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- One 8 oz package cream cheese
- One 4 oz log plain The Humble Goat Cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives (you can use the green parts of scallions as a substitute)
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese (1/4 cup reserved for the top)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 3 drops Tabasco
- 1/4 cup toasted breadcrumbs (you can use Panko as a substitute)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Put artichokes, mayonnaise,cream cheese, The Humble Goat Cheese, chives, 3/4 cup Parmesan, salt, pepper and Tabasco in a food processor and pulse until blended. Mix until well combined but leave some texture.
- Spread into an oven-safe pie pan or a small casserole dish.
- Top with bread crumbs and reserved cheese
- Bake for 25 minutes until warm all the way through and bubbly on top