Are you a beer drinker? Dry January’s NA beers have always been notoriously dismal until now. Minnesota’s own Paul Pirner and Hairless Dog co-founder recently formed the Adult Non-Alcoholic Beverage Association. Their Hairless Dog Non-Alcoholic beer was invented using a brewing process in which alcohol is never introduced verses taken out. Their IPA is a delicious non-alcoholic beer, and their Dry January Survival kit ($45) is brilliant. And includes include a choice of the three Hairless Dog zero percent alcohol by volume craft non-alcoholic beer varieties and swag. Drink them on their own, or try your hand at a Michelada Mocktail during your next game day brunch.
Find all my mocktail recipes here.
For The Micheladas
- 12 ounces Hairless Dog Citra lager
- 12 ounces V8
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice rinds reserved
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
For The Rim
- 1 teaspoon bloody mary rimming spices, chili powder or Tajin seasoning for rimming the glass
- Lime wedges for garnish if desired
1. Place enough rimming seasoning salt and Tajin seasoning or chili powder in a wide, shallow dish to cover the bottom.
2. Rub the rims of two glasses with the lime wedges (or use the reserved lime rinds) and dip them into the spicy mixture.
3. Fill the glasses with ice and set aside.
4. Divide the Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce hot sauce, lime juice, beer and V8 juice into each glass. Mix well.
5. Garnish with a lime wedge.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.