What’s the best part of game day? The food! I’m sure we’re all thinking about the Super Bowl when we hear “game day,” but these 11 game day recipes are perfect for any get together, sports-centric or otherwise. This list has main dishes like pizza and wings, dips like beer cheese and a few fun twists on classics like Sloppy Joe sliders.
Tips For Serving a Crowd
I try to embrace the chaos of a big gathering, but I also have a few tips to help your Super Bowl or game day party go smoothly:
- Keep your drinks in a cooler and your signature cocktail in a designated area so everyone can refill as they need.
- Same goes for the food! Set up a table in a buffet-style so everyone can come back for more as they please. You can use your Instant Pot and other serving dishes to keep things warm.
- If you like decorating, include a few fun themed elements. You can keep it simple, but a few decorations help set the mood.
- Set up a small area with games or other actitives for kids or anyone who may not be into the game.
Game Day Recipes Videos
I have several video tutorials on my Youtube Channel (subscribe now and never miss a recipe!) that walk you through the steps for some of these dishes. I love this buffalo cauliflower recipe because you get all the flavor of chicken wings in a veggie dish, and the tarragon ranch sauce is a really tasty way to dip. You can also find all of my Game Day Taste Buds episodes on my Youtube page.
Shop Serving Dishes
Looking for some of the cute serving dishes from Taste Buds? You can find the Skol plates and ramekins, and the Taste Buds serving dishes in my Stephanie’s Dish Shop. These are all made by the amazing Debbie Wolk!
Three Extra Game Day Recipes
- You can’t go wrong with a classic bowl of chili, so try my beefy Instant Pot chili.
- Need a cocktail to class things up? Choose one of my favorite cocktails to serve with a cooler of beer.
- Don’t forget dessert. Rice Krispies Treats are perfect sweet treats for a crowd.