Two TikTok recipes inspired this recipe. First, the Tik Tok Feta egg, where you melt feta in a skillet until crispy and fry an egg on the top,
@graceelkus 5-minute feta fried eggs: you’ll thank me next time you’re hangry 🍳 Inpired by Ali Slagle’s potato, egg, and cheese tacos 🧀 Heat small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Crumble in feta around perimeter. Crack egg into center; season w/ black pepper & red pepper flakes (no need to add salt, the feta is plenty salty) Cover pan and cook until white is set, yolk is still runny, and cheese is unbelievably crispy. Serve atop toast, w/ hash browns, or my personal fave: in a charred tortilla with avocado & lime. You can oil the skillet, esp. if you’re not using nonstick, but I find the cheese gets crispier w/o More tips on my IG @graceelkus #friedeggs #feta ♬ Midnight City – M83
then the Smashburger video with the tortilla as the base of the burger. I wanted to do both techniques and use the tortilla as a taco shell covered in crispy cheese.
@jacquegotmeat Smash Burger Tacos‼️ #smashburger #smashburgertacos #cheeseburger #tacos #tiktokfoods ♬ Trap Mafia – Lastra
The recipe requires trial and effort, but once you master the technique, it is so good and worth it. If you get much burger or cheese sticking, don’t hesitate to oil your griddle or pan with canola oil and a balled-up napkin between burger rounds.
Here is the video of my making it
@stephaniesdish The grilled double cheese smashburger taco is all about a seasoned griddle, salting it before meat placement, and getting the cheese crisped up just right. My cabin tools are a bit lax so i didnt have a burger press or a metal spatula but i made due with a 10 lb weight and a knife. . Smashy taco dipping sauce recipe and a dill pickle potato salad recipe at stephaniesdish.com . #recipe #pickledvegetables #castiron #truenorthcabincookbook #stephaniesdish ♬ Bounce When She Walk – Ohboyprince
- Pinch Kosher salt
- 1 lb 80% lean ground beef
- Slice of cheddar cheese
- flour tortilla
- 1.5 cups grated cheese
The Smashy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp mayonaise
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 Tbsp mustard
- 2 teaspoons pickled jalapeno brine
- a few dashes of hot sauce for heat
- pickled jalapeno
- sliced onions
- Heat grill to 350-400
- Divide meat horizontally and cut each half into thirds to have about 2.5 oz of meat per ball. Roll them and add pepper and salt.
- Place a pinch of salt on a well-seasoned cast iron skillet or pan.
- Place meatball on the salt and lightly press
- Add tortilla over the meatball and press down uniformly with a meat press or weight.
- Meanwhile, next to your meat taco, drop about 2 Tbsp grated cheese in the shape of a circle a little smaller than the tortilla
- Let the cheese bubble and brown while your burger cooks for about 1 minute
- When your cheese looks done, slide a metal spatula under your burger patty and loosen it before flipping it onto the cheese circle.
- Add a slice of cheese to the Smashburger and cover for 1 minute to allow the cheese to melt.
- With a metal spatula, remove the cheese-enrobed burger and tortilla and fold them in half into a taco-shape
- Top with Smashy sauce and fill with condiments