- 2 lbs stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tbsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs baby red potatoes, cut in half
- 1 lb bag baby carrots
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 c broth (beef, chicken or vegetable broth all work)
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 boxes of sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 c all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley leaves
Recipe note: You can use a packet of Italian dressing dried seasoning in place of the spices and salt here as well as a packet of beef gravy seasoning in place of the flour in step 5.
- Place beef, potatoes, carrots, onion, mushrooms, and garlic into a 6-qt slow cooker.
- In a separate bowl whisk together broth, tomato paste, Worcestershire, thyme, rosemary, paprika, and bay leaves until well combined; season with salt and pepper, to taste. (if using flavoring packets add them both to the liquid and mix)
- Pour over the beef and vegetable mixture.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours or high heat for 3-4 hours.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour and 1/2 cup stew broth. Stir in flour mixture into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high heat for an additional 30 minutes, or until thickened. (if using flavoring packets skip this step)
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.
Check out all my recipes here.