- 2 pounds fresh string beans
- 1/4 cup canning salt
- 2 1/2 cups white vinegar
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 teaspoon red pepper flakes divided
- 4 cloves garlic divided
- 1/4 cup dried dill seeds or 4 heads dill, divided
- Prepare and wash your jars, lids, bands, and canning tools
- Rinse the string beans and cut them into approximately 4-inch pieces to fit in the jar. Fill the jars
- Add 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, 1 clove of garlic, and 2 teaspoons of dried dill seeds or 1 head of dill to the bottom of the jar.
- Combine the salt, vinegar, and water in a large pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat
- Pour brine over the beans in the jar.
- Leave an inch of headroom for canning.
- Cover the canner and bring it to a boil over high heat.
- Insert your jars
- Once the water boils vigorously, continue cooking for 10 minutes. Using a pair of tongs, pull the jars out of the water bath, let cool down, and settle.
- Let the jars sit undisturbed. for 24 hours
- Check the seals to make sure everything is sealed up. Whatever didn't refrigerate and eat within two weeks.