I like gin. I like to make a simple gimlet with gin and fresh lime juice or Rose’s lime juice. I have also made tequila gimlets with Blanco tequila. When I moved, I noticed that I had a full bottle of Loon Liquors Organic Aquavit that I had not even opened so I put together a sage, aquavit gimlet that is perfect for fall and winter entertaining. This recipe makes one cocktail.
If you aren’t into gimlets, check out my other ideas for cocktail options for hosting. You’ll find cocktails for any season and any type of gathering, as well as some mocktails for those who don’t drink alcohol.
- 2 oz Loon Liquors Aquavit
- 0.75oz fresh lime juice
- 0.75 oz simple syrup (I make 1/2 cup sugar with 1/2 cup water and bring to a boil until the sugar melts)
- 3-4 sage leaves, plus another sprig for garnish
- Add the Aquavit, lime juice, simple syrup, and 3-4 sage leaves (rub them in your hands to release the oils) to a shaker, then add ice.
- Shake well, then strain into a coupe glass. Garnish with a sprig of fresh sage.
Check out all my recipes here.