October 8, 2018
Mountain Dew Apple Dumplings
The most requested recipe on our radio show, Weekly Dish, is one that isn’t really a recipe at all. This recipe is assembly. It is also amazingly delicious though the ingredients will have you scratching your head. Disgusting amounts of butter (a Paula Deen-obscene amount of butter), crescent rolls, sugar and ….. wait for it…. Mountain Dew. Yes, Mountain Dew is what makes these babies rise and become the yummiest Apple Dumpling around. This Mountain Dew Apple Dumplings recipe can easily be doubled or even tripled for a crowd! You can thank/hate me later.
See all my dessert recipes here.
2 cans crescent rolls
3-4 tart apples (I like to use Granny Smith green apples)
1 c white sugar
1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 c melted unsalted butter
1 tsp cinnamon
.5 tsp pumpkin pie spice (nutmeg can substitute)
2 (6 oz) cans Mountain Dew
- Peel and slice apples into 6 pieces for each apple. I peel and slice in half vertically and cut each half into 1/2 moon-shape pieces.
- Roll each apple slice in one section of crescent roll.
- Place rolled slices in pan in two rows. Line the extra pieces along the side.
- Melt butter, add sugars and spices and pour over apples.
- Pour two 6-oz cans of Mountain Dew over all.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.