October 12, 2022
5 Minute Instant Pot Macaroni and Cheese
Are you still excited about CROCKTOBER? Good, because this Instant Pot Macaroni and Cheese is a must.
How long does it take to make a box of Kraft macaroni and cheese? At least 5 minutes to boil the noodles and add the cheese packet, butter, and mike and stir, right? This Instant Pot Macaroni and Cheese take a bit of time to come up to pressure, but I think it’s about the same time to cook as the boxed variety but with way fewer chemicals and lots more cheese!
5 minute Instant Pot Macaroni and Cheese
in 5 minutes you can have creamy, dreamy mac and cheese
- 1 16oz Box of Medium Shell Pasta
- 1 tsp Cholula
- ½ tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup Whole Milk
- 2 cups Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- Put the pasta, hot sauce, pepper, and salt into the Instant Pot
- add broth and water
- Stir and cover noodles with liquid as best you can so as many as possible are covered with the liquid.
- Cook for 4 minutes using the manual function. Quick-release the steam so your noodles don’t get overcooked. I put a hand towel over the top of the pot to keep the moisture from going everywhere.
- Remove the lid and add the butter 1 Tbsp at a time until melted
- Add the milk and then add the cheese and stir quickly until the cheese is evenly and smoothly distributed.
- Serve immediately with additional salt and pepper to taste