It’s zucchini season! If you missed me talking about my under-pollinated misshapen zucchini on The Weekly Dish today, below is a photo of said “sad but eats well” zucchini. So what’s the deal with zucchini? Well, for one they grow like crazy. I am trying to keep up with my garden, and I basically have to go door-to-door handing out vegetables to make sure they don’t go to waste. Of course, I also am making all kinds of zucchini recipes for my family, so if you are looking for inspiration read on and don’t be too hasty in handing out your zucs to friends and family.
- This Zucchini Goat Cheese Tart is one of my favorite lunches right now. I also love it as a side dish if you are firing up the grill.
- Zoë François of ZoëBakes has an excellent Chocolate Zucchini Cake that is a great way to use up zucchini if you are in the mood for a sweet (but not too sweet) treat.
- Shaved zucchini Ribbon salads are also great when the garden is overabundant. It’s simple and light for these hot days and the ribbons of zucchini shine through without being overwhelming.
- Zucchini Fritters are always on deck when the zucchini is plentiful.
- Zucchini Fries are baked so they aren’t that bad for you, right? These are dusted in panko and a little parmesan to create a yummy appetizer.
- Think it’s too early for soup season? You will change your mind when you try this Curry Zucchini Soup, which is one of my favorite ways to use the massive and misshapen zucchinis.
- Does your family have a Zucchini Bread recipe? If not, you do now. I love making this recipe for brunch or as a little afternoon snack.