I love cooking for Valentine’s Day. Or any occasion, as you know. I know that’s not the case for everyone, so this Valentine’s Day guide includes a little bit of everything. You’ll find some of my favorite main dish and dessert recipes below, but first check out some of my favorite local makers for gifts. And, of course, I offer up some great Twin Cities dinner date spots for those who are looking for a night out.
Valentine’s Day Gifts
There are so many wonderful little shops everywhere around the Twin Cities. Are you on the hunt for chocolates? Little gifts? Wine? No matter what you’re looking for, here are a few spots I recommend for Valentine’s Day shopping.
- Start with my guide to all things Twin Cities chocolate. If you think we aren’t an area with chocolatiers, think again. I put together a list of chocolate shops sure to change your mind.
- Who isn’t familiar with Surdyk’s? I love the local liquor, deli and cheese shop because they have multiple locations and they sell almost everything you need for a fun Valentine’s night in.
- Golden Fig Fine Foods is another of my favorite local makers. It’s a one-stop-shop if you’re looking for spices or spice blends to cook a meal or a fun little gift.
Valentine’s Day Restaurants
- What says Valentine’s Day like a cozy dinner out? I put together a list of my favorite Twin Cities restaurants with a fireplace. This list is made for date night.
- Minneapolis and St. Paul get the love, but the suburbs feature some great restaurants. If you live outside the city and want to stick closer to home, you can still get a great meal.
- Staying in? My favorite Twin Cities takeout dinners are perfect for a dinner at home that feels just as special as a night out.