One of the best parts of the holiday season for me is seeing the various gift guides that everyone publishes. I LOVE buying the perfect holiday gift for someone, but I absolutely hate shopping, so I find that gift guides give me good ideas.
I have 4 gift guides coming at you this year from my shop. All of these products are products I recommend. I get a small commission on some of the products but not all. I honestly only want to work with and suggest items that I am excited about so let’s go:
- The famous orange apron made “famous” by my show on “Taste Buds with Stephanie” is made locally by Craft Made Aprons. This is a custom version made for the show.
- Mixly Cocktail mixers are so fun. They make the perfect cocktail mixed with Vodka, Gin, or tequila, or you can add soda water for a delicious Mocktail. These are made in Minnesota and have a great fresh flavor. This $65 variety pack gives you each flavor.
- These “Crocktober” soup crocks are made in Minnesota by Debbie Wolk designs and are so great for serving your favorite “crocked” soup. Get some new ideas from my definitive list of soup recipes.
- Air Pod Max are phenomenal headphones with noise canceling and light, and they are perfect for an airplane ride or zooming at a coffee shop.
- “Company, The radically Casual Art of Cooking For Others” has made lots of Best of Lists. I really enjoy Amy Thielen’s approach to cooking. I had a fun podcast with her that talked about the cookbook.
- Bee Wrap – I love this stuff – it’s a reusable plastic wrap that works great. It’s a perfect stocking stuffer.
- Dansk Kobesnstyle Casserole Dishes – These are some of my favorite dishes, and I always use them. They are durable and stylish, and the lid becomes a trivet when you bring them to the table.
- Massage Gun – When I hurt my back a few years ago, I picked one up, and it’s great for massaging my pickleball legs and sore neck muscles.
- Bench scrapers are a must when working with dough but are also handy for scooping chopped onions from the chopping board to the pot. This is a must item in my kitchen.
- I love this Shiseido makeup brush for applying the TV makeup
- Bobbi Brown is my go-to for an eyeshadow compact – I like the shimmer in this one.
- This hairdryer is amazing for smoothing a curly girl’s hair while drying. This has cut my hair styling time in half.
- This Super Goop Glow Sunscreen gives you a bit of shimmer and protects you from the sun.
- This matte liquid lipstick stays on all day; my producer on “Taste Buds with Stephanie” has become a recent convert and agrees it’s a game-changer in the lipstick department.
- Thymes Fraser Fir candles smell like the Minnesota Winter.
- This Josie Maran Argan oil is always in my travel bag for use on your cuticles, face, and hair.
- I must really like this Massage gun as I included it twice -it lol. Massage Gun – When I hurt my back a few years ago, I picked one up, and it’s great for massaging my pickleball legs and sore neck muscles.
- This Origins Ginger body cream is super moisturizing and smells awesome.
These are the cookbooks I am recommending this season.
1.Mi Cocina Cookbook: James Beard Award winner with both modern and classic Mexican recipes
2. True North Cabin Cookbook: You know it, you love it, order now, and Ill sign it and ship it for you.
3. Emily’s Fresh Kitchen: is written by local cookbook author Emily Maxson. Her recipes are fresh and beautiful
4. Sioux Chef Indigenous Kitchen by Sean Sherman. This book is not new and definitely for the adventurous forager type, but how can I not recommend Sean, whose work is just starting to familiarize the world with Indigenous food
6. Love and Lemons Feel Good Food: is. A vegetarian cookbook full of excellent make-ahead plant-based and grain dishes. This book is fresh bright and fun.
7. Tamar Adlers “Everlasting Meal Cookbook” is the bible of leftovers and is really cleverly put together
8.. Smoke on the Waterfront: from the Kids at the Duluth Smokhouse is a fun, informative Minnesota Up North book with great recipes from smoked lake fish dip to Sourdough bread
9. “100 Morning Treats” by Cookie queen Sarah Kieffer, who recently told me this is her favorite book!
- Taco vs Burrito all ages fast-paced card game $14.99
- Dehydrated Cocktail fruit Garnishes $42
- No one ever has clean, decent hot pads – I love getting new ones for folks, and these gingham ones are cheerful.
- This butter ornament is exactly what I bought Steph March a few years back.
- William Sonoma Hot Pads, just like I have for the holidays
- Thumbs Cookies made in Minnesota and the perfect little box of love
- Dish Towels are always welcome – better yet – help with the dishes
- Sarah Keiffers “Baking for The Holidays” is a classic!
- Bamboo Gardening Gloves are my favorite
- McCreas caramels in Sea Salt Caramel and Maple are decadent
- Swedish Dish Cloths are my favorite; they are washable, handy, and perfect to travel in my van