Asian Pear Spinach Salad with Maple Pecans and Ginger Vinaigrette
- 14 oz or 2 boxes/bags of baby Spinach
- 2 Asian Pears cut into thin slices
- 6 tablespoons Apple Cider
- 1/3 cup Rice Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger (use a microplate)
- ¼ tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 small cloves shallot grated (use a microplate)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2/3 cup olive oil
Maple Pecan Ingredients
- 2 cups whole pecans
- ¼ cup Maple syrup
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- Blend, whisk or shake until smooth and emulsified.
Maple Pecan Instructions
- Spread nuts out in a cast iron skillet
- Toast Nuts until light brown on Medium heat
- Add ¼ cup Maple Syrup once the nuts have browned and stir trying to coat each nut with some syrup.
- Quickly salt the nuts while they are caramelizing and you are stirring.
The syrup will bubble in the hot pan and stick to the nuts as they caramelize. Do not let them burn – this entire process takes less than a minute.
- Prepare vinaigrette
- Prepare produce. Wash and dry greens and thinly slice Asian pear by cutting in half to get a flat surface and then cut into slivers.
- Assemble salad. Just before serving, toss Spinach with vinaigrette. Assemble salad on individual plates if composing and arrange Pears in a flower shape in center of the greens and sprinkle with the Maple Pecans. If buffet style assemble and toss salad and pecans. Lay Asian pears in flower shapes on the top of the salad bowl or large serving platter.