Glazed salted or spiced nuts are my favorite thing to add to salads. I discovered a super easy way to make them without the muss and fuss of most recipes.
Maple Pecan Ingredients
- 2 cups whole pecans
- ¼ cup Maple syrup
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- For spiced nuts you could add Cayenne.
- For savory nuts you can add chopped rosemary, micro-planed lemon peel and or chopped dried thyme.
Maple Pecan Instructions
- Spread nuts out in a cast iron skillet
- Toast Nuts until light brown on Medium heat
- Add ¼ cup Maple Syrup once the nuts have browned and stir trying to coat each nut with some syrup.
- Quickly salt the nuts while they are caramelizing and you are stirring.
The syrup will bubble in the hot pan and stick to the nuts as they caramelize. Do not let them burn – this entire process takes less than a minute.