Instant Pot 5 Minute Risotto
Serves 4 as a generous side dish
This recipe actually takes about 15 minutes to prepare. It takes the pot about 10 minutes to come up to pressure and 5 minutes to cook.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, about 1 cup diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Preheat the pressure cooker, by selecting sauté.
Add the olive oil, butter, and onions.
Sauté 3 minutes.
Add the rice and garlic and sauté 1 minute more
Add 3 cups of chicken broth, salt and pepper, and stir.
Secure the lid and turn pressure release knob to a sealed position.
Cook at high pressure for 5 minutes.
When cooking is complete, use a quick release.
Unplug the pressure cooker, stir in parmesan cheese.
- Lemon Risotto: Stir in 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice when stirring in the cheese. Zest lemon over the dish as a garnish.
- Spinach Risotto: Stir in 2-3 cups spinach when adding the broth.
- Sun-Dried Tomato Risotto: Add 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil when you sauté the rice and garlic.
- Pesto Risotto: Stir in 1/3 cup pesto when you add parmesan cheese before serving.