My daughter’s birthday is in August and she always picks her grandma Dolores’s Terriyaki Steak to have for her birthday dinner. Her menu is the same: Rice, Terriyaki Steak, and my husband Kurts Caesar Salad. Ellie swears by her dad’s Caesar. If you like grilling and have some time to marinate this steak it really is delicious because the soy sauce tenderizes the meat. Sirloin can be a notoriously tough cut of steak but when you marinade it it’s perfect.
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Canola oil
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 to 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak (3/4 inch thick)
- In a shallow dish, combine the first six ingredients; add the steak and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade.
- Grill steak for 5-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness