I have been researching local cooking classes and will present my findings on the Jason Show on Fox 9 on Monday, March 13. I will include a link to the video when the segment airs but in the meantime here are my show notes and what I think is unique about each class structure and offering.
We are lucky in the Twin Cities to have so many choices!
- Designed for the home chef, Kitchen Window’s Cooking School
- basics to gourmet.
- Fundamentals of Cooking, Global Cuisine, Grilling & Outdoor Entertaining
- We strive to teach you about the tools, skills, and techniques
- At the end of the class, you will receive a certificate for $10 off any purchase over $35.00 or 10% off any purchase over $100.00.
- Wine and Beer at all classes
- Sushi, Pizza, Dim Sum, Pasta, Grilling and Green Egg
Kitchen In The Market
- Designed for the cook with the basics down these are collaborative, interactive cooking classes. You cook together and eat together.
- Cheese Making, Regional Passports, Cooking The Market
- Chefs Night Off with Jaime Malone 4/9, Wine Classes
- Hands-on, small groups, teams.
- Beer and Wine available for purchase
- $20 Cheese and Wine Classes plus you get $10 Gift Card
- Sell out quickly, classroom setting.
- Regions, bubbly, holiday, teas, Mozerella
- Falcon Heights.
- Food Hub for farmers and Community Kitchen.
- CSA, Farmers Markets.
- Hands-on Class and Cooking techniques like Knife Skills, Basics of Eggs, Cooking for One, Making Pasta
- Also veggie-centric and ethnic cooking specialties.
- $40 and NO Alcohol
- COOKS CLUB MEMBERSHIP
- $60. 2 Cooking class credits. Members-only pre-sale. Samples. Goodie Bag
Cooks Of Crocus Hill:
- 4 locations around the Twin Cities.
- Seasonal, Baking and Kids Classes, Date Nights
- Series for the fundamentals of cooking
- Great roster of Chefs and local experts Leslie Miller Sommelier
- Meet your maker classes –
- Some have Alcohol served with otherwise available
- Small Groups
- Very inexpensive $10-20
- Fermenting, Starting Seeds, Instant Pot, Cooking with Co-Op Basics, Tasting of Hydroponic Veggies, Kombucha